Aitchison Turf Drill
Model: AMD-TMD16, AMD-TMD24
DRILL TODAY AND PLAY TOMORROW – with the Aitchison Turf Drill. The combination of the angled disc coulter and specialised seed tube lifts and moves the soil in a wavelike motion which reduces soil compaction and aerates the soil.
Aitchison Turf Drill Details
- Aitchison Turf Drills are true direct drills. The single disc and boot opener creates a narrow slit and places the seed at a precise predetermined depth via depth rings fitted to the discs.
- Unique features allow for ‘drill today ‘ play tomorrow’ options for playing fields. The seeds are lodged in the slot and rolled shut with the heavy cast press wheels. No other drill can make this claim.
- Fitted with heavy duty tyres for easy road transport.
- Large double seedbox with the unique Aitchison sponge seed feed mechanism to sow all seed. Very accurate, infinitely variable ‘gearbox’ allows for sowing rates as low as 1kg/ha and up to 350kg/ha (0.9lb/acre and up to 311lb/acre) with single lever operation. Coefficient of variation of +/- 5%.
- Fertiliser box option. Unique roller fertiliser system handles all fertilisers including damp product. In addition it is able to sow seeds such as rye grasses down to 8kg/ha (7.1 lbs/acre). The fertiliser distribution system uses exactly the same gearbox system as the Seedbox so it is infinitely variable.
- Row widths at only 75mm (3”), close set for dense sward regeneration. No problem to cross drill.
- Angled discs move the turf in a wave like action, slicing and breaking the roots of existing plant material. This stimulates new and invigorated root growth and a thicker sward.
- Minimum soil disturbance and maximum moisture retention.
|Aitchison Turf Drill|
|No of Discs||16||24|
|Row Spacing||75 mm / 3 in||75 mm / 3 in|
|Sowing Width||1.2 m||1.8 m|
|Overall Width||1.5 m||2.0 m|
|Overall Height||1850 mm||1850 mm|
|Overall Length||3050 mm||4150 mm|
|Weight Empty||1650 kg||2500 kg|
|Tyre Size||15.3 x 10.5 x 12||15.3 x 10.5 x 12|
|Seed Hopper Capacity||350 ltr||480 ltr|