Aitchison Roller Drill
Model: ARD10VT, ARD9VT, EC10C
Made to Order – the Aitchison Roller Drills have a heavy deep “V” roller ring that consolidates the cultivated soil and draws in moisture to the bottom of the “V”. Simply by broadcasting an even spread of pasture seeds which fall into that firm moisture zone where they are then lightly covered with soil drawn over them by a following harrow or second roller.
Aitchison Roller Drill Details
- Front folding frame transfers weight to the tractor (optional extendable drawbar).
- Rubber mounted fully greaseable shaft roller bearings to reduce premature failure.
- Heavy 75mm (3″) high tensile axle shaft with mid-axle bearing support on wider models.
- Heavy duty frame supports the heavy 26″ rings which are deep V as standard. If preferred Cambridge rings can be supplied.
- “Belly chain” which is connected when transporting to eliminate the “bounce” out of the axle and reduce load on the bearings.
- Positive action hydraulic clutch requiring a minimum of maintenance. Large seedbox with the unique Aitchison sponge seed feed mechanism to sow all seed. Very accurate, infinitely variable “gearbox” allows for sowing rates as low as 1kg/ha and up to 350kg/ha (0.9lb/acre and up to 311lb/acre) with single lever operation. Coefficent of variation of +/- 5%.
- Wind shield baffle skirts to within 150mm (6″) from the ground to assist with even spread of seed.
- Ring scrapers are standard. They prevent mud/dirt build-up between rings and are essential if seeding in damp conditions.
- 10.0/75 x 15.3 10 ply heavy duty transport tyres.
|Aitchison Roller Drill – (made to order)|
|Specifications||ARD 9VT 10ft (3.0 m)||ARD 10VT 10ft (3.0 m)|
|No of rings||33||37|
|Ring type||Deep V||Deep V|
|Row Spacing||72 mm (3”)||72 mm (3”)|
|Overall Width||11 ft (3.35 m)||12 ft (3.6 m)|
|Overall Height||4 ft (1.2 m)||4 ft (1.2 m)|
|Overall Length||10 ft (3.0 m)||12 ft (3.6 m)|
|Weight Empty||2700 kg||3000 kg|
|Seed Hopper Capacity||380 ltr||420 ltr|
|Harrow hitch rails||✓||✓|
|Wind shield baffle skirts||✓||✓|
Eco Roller Drill:
- A roller drill for the cost-conscious farmer. Large seed box with the unique Aitchison sponge seed feed mechanism to sow all seed. Very accurate, infinitely variable “gearbox” allows for sowing rates as low as 1kg/ha and up to 350kg/ha (0.9lb/acre and up to 311lb/acre) with single lever operation. Coefficient of variation of +/- 5%.
- Angled seed chutes to assist even seed spread.
- 26″ Cambridge rings as standard. Deep V rings can be specified at no extra cost.
- Optional hectare/acre meter available.
|Aitchison “ECO” Roller Drill – (made to order)|
|No of rings||37|
|Sowing Width||10 ft (3.0 m)|
|Overall Width||11 ft (3.35 m)|
|Weight Empty||2610 kg|
|Seed Hopper Capacity||390 ltr|
|Heavy duty frame||✓|
|Angled seed chutes||✓|
|Deep V rings||Optional|